Monday, July 7, 2008

Ironman Training...4 Weeks 'Til Race Day!

On August 2nd I'll be attempting my first Ironman triathlon. The 19th Annual Full Vineman, located in Sonoma County, California (wine country!) is one of the longest running iron-distance races in the country. I've been training exclusively for this race since early May (after completing the Wildflower Half Ironman). To date my training has been going fairly well thanks to the guidance of Endurance Nation, my online coaching service that provides my training plan. Last week I was on vacation in Michigan visiting my parents and had some quality time to hit the training hard. It was my biggest training week yet with 9 workouts totaling 17 hours and 46 minutes of total training time:
  • Swim 1:31 (5310.87 m)
  • Bike 12:57 (230.4 miles)
  • Run 3:10 (21.8 miles)
I've been fortunate to remain injury free and have a wife that supports my crazy addiction to this amazing sport that allows average Joes like myself to see how far they can go. So in less than 4 weeks the rubber will meet the road and we'll see what happens.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Endurance Nation said...

You are getting close man...you've done all the work, now all you gotta do is race!!!